December 06, 2017

Firoze Shakir - Artist Feature


Firoze Shakir

 Firoze Shakir - Artist Feature

Todays post serves two purposes, one to show you my latest caricature but more importantly I would like to introduce to you a dear friend of mine, Firoze Shakir. We first crossed paths on Google+ and soon after connected on other social media platforms. Firoze first captured my attention with his sometimes humorous and sometimes very thoughtful poetry that he used to comment on my images. The comments were always welcome and entertaining, from simple rhymes to complex pieces of poetry. I soon learned just what kind of man this was commenting on all of my posts. This is one of the most humble men I know. So humble in fact that I couldn't get him to write a bio so I'm taking a jab at it. Firoze is a very talented street photographer, photojournalist and street poet in Mumbai, India. Firoze is a man of peace, promoting all religions and faiths. Though we live worlds apart, he has become a very close friend of mine always cheering me on and complimenting on my work. He sees through all religious, racial and geographic barriers. He is a man of true character and I'm glad to call him my friend

He dedicates his life to shooting street photography but not like you might think. No pretty cityscapes or flowery vacation brochure type images. His subjects are the poor, the hungry, the sick and the lost. It’s his daily ritual to walk around different neighborhoods of Mubai and around India to capture life as it happens. He presents the raw realities of living in the slums of India like no other. You won’t find any touristy pictures on his site, only the forgotten people of India and their everyday struggle to survive. Having overcome many hurdles of his own, he uses his photography and art as medicine for the soul. His camera of choice is Cannon.

Obviously the image above is my friend Firoze Shakir. Below, you'll find the source image and some samples of his work but I want to provide you with links to his work, blog and social media. Be sure and check out these links.

Firoze Shakir Links:

Source Image

Firoze Shakir

The work of Firoze Shakir

Firoze Shakir
Firoze Shakir
Firoze Shakir
Firoze Shakir
Firoze Shakir
Firoze Shakir
Firoze Shakir
Firoze Shakir
Firoze Shakir
Firoze Shakir

Firoze Shakir Links:





 I hope you enjoyed. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!