November 05, 2017

Vladimir Fedotko Featured Artist

Today I’m featuring an incredibly talented and unique artist who I recently connected with on facebook. His name is Vladimir Fedotko. His work in Photoshop is unlike any I’ve seen before, especially with his use of color and patterns. Somewhat reminiscent of Max Sauco’s work as far as the surrealism and astounding proficiency in Photoshop but with a brilliant use of color that I’ve not seen before. His use of patterns in his backgrounds reminds me a lot of the great Alphonse Mucha. This artist has taken Photoshop and photo manipulation to a whole new level though it is obviously more than mere manipulation of photographs. His use of patterns, his sense of color and composition are amazing.
One thing I see in his work as well is one thing my very first art teacher impressed upon me. The use of negative space and he certainly understands this. This guy has it all. Now, that being said, there are some of his images that may be considered a bit risqué but certainly not distasteful. I'll be watching this guy very closely and hopefully learn a bit from his pioneering style.
Vladimir Fedotko (Владимир Федотко) Born in Leningrad, photographer and photo manipulator currently lives and works in St. Petersburg, Russia. After discovering Adobe Photoshop in 2005, Fedotko has used a combination of traditional drawing, photography and computer processing to create his unique images. You can check out an archive of his work chronologically here: http://fedotko.35photo.ru/ and if you’re on facebook, you’ll want to follow his profile here. Here are a few more of his amazing works:



I hope you enjoyed this preview of one uniquely talented artist and his vibrant and creative images. I can't wait to see what the future holds for this artist and his work after only a short time working in Photoshop.




Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!