November 26, 2017

Slash - Shredded

Slash - Shredded

Slash! Todays post is another color study of an old image I created for a Photoshop contest at the site formally known as Freaking News. I'm really trying to push the limits on color which is not my nature but I'm trying to change that. I've been far too timid with color as long as I can remember. This has a lot to do with the reason I turned to digital art in the first place. My oil painting tended to get muddy or at least subdued as I struggled with color. It's much easier to go back and change color and saturation in Photoshop. As I said in a previous post, I'll be posting several of these older pieces as I experiment with color for the most part. Lots of new work on the horizon. My back is healing quickly so I'll be able to sit behind my computer long enough to finish some new images I've started which are very complex. Hope you enjoy these along the way. It's certainly fun revisiting these old images and I'm learning lots along the way. I have many ideas in my head ready to get out. I'm looking forward to putting out there just what's going through my head. Scary stuff! ;) Below a little taste of Slash in action.




Hope you enjoyed. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!