May 13, 2017

Remembering my Mom on Mother's Day

Mary Matherne Pike - AKA Granny
Mary Matherne Pike - AKA "Granny" 1928 - 2015
Today, I'm remembering my sweet Mom, Mary Matherne Pike. Mother's Day just isn't the same without her. She devoted her life to raising us and her many grandchildren. Her entire world was her family. I always think of her when I hear the song by Alter Bridge, "In Loving Memory" written by their lead guitarist Mark Tremonti and sang by Myles Kennedy. Happy Mother's Day Mom!

A side note: To everyone who still has their Mom with them... Visit her often, love on her, buy her flowers and make the most of every moment you have her because one day, memories and pictures are all we'll have. 

Happy Mother's Day to all!!


Malvin and Mary Pike
Mom and Dad Wedding Day 1946
Malvin and Mary Pike
Mom and Dad 50th Wedding Anniversary
Me and my Mom 50th Anniversary

"I carry the things that remind me of you
In loving memory of
The one that was so true
You were as kind as you could be
And even though you're gone
You still mean the world to me"...

-Mark Tremonti of Alter Bridge








Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day and be inspired!