January 16, 2013

Barack Obama Caricature Study

This is a caricature study of Barack Obama. It's been over a year since I've done one so it was due. I did many crazy exaggerations of Obama when I was doing Photoshop contests but back then I was more concerned with the image being as absurd as possible and not so much about likeness and more correct exaggerations. This piece is not meant to be funny. It's simply a portrait study of Obama done for practice. I've been real busy lately with some projects that didn't allow me time to do these kinds of works for practice so I was happy to be back at learning what I love. These projects I've been working on weren't really show pieces either hence the lack of posts lately. I've also been spending a lot of time building my social network. Google+ has been real good to me so I've put a lot of time and effort into increasing my presence there. With 1.2 million followers after a little over a year, it's well worth my time there. If you're not there, come and join me some time at www.google.com/+RodneyPike.

At the request of many of my friends, I will be doing a Beanathon soon as Mr. Bean has been by far my most popular character. I'm going to do a few more pieces so I'll have around 25 manipulations in the collection. 














Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day and be inspired!