August 13, 2012

Snoop Lion - Ease-Up An Do Ya Ting

Ok, I guess this Snoop Lion thing is going to be official. Snoop Dogg is in the process of remaking himself as Snoop Lion after a stay in Jamaica learning the culture and music. I've had several people ask me if I was going to do a Snoop Lion so here he is. I had plans of posting another Tommy Lee Jones caricature but you gotta give the people what they want. This was fun but was challenging as I had to blend real photographic elements with digital painting. This is actually my first sort of half digital painting project. I actually blew through this yesterday so it's not the most refined painting but it was a sort of silly project and I din't think required any fine painting. I'm just now starting to piddle with it and there will be more in the future, real painting I mean. I'm looking at some teaching DVDs by Serge Birault and of course Jason Seiler's teaching series. But for now, ease-up an do ya ting man!












Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day and be inspired!