January 15, 2012

My Portrait by Caricature Artist Russ Cook

Tonight I'm posting a portrait of myself done by a brilliant caricature artist and friend from the UK, Russ Cook. It's an honor to have my portrait done by such a talented and accomplished artist as Russ. He did an awesome job especially considering what he had to work with. Thanks Russ! I'm also posting below a previous feature on Russ for those of you who aren't familiar with his work. It's just a small sampling of the work of this amazing artist. Be sure and visit the link at the bottom of the post to see his full portfolio.

The Amazing Work of Russ Cook
Click image to visit Russ Cook's blog

I'm re-posting a feature of one of my all time favorite artists and one of the most talented caricature artists in the world and one of my biggest inspirations. Russ Cook is a illustrator and caricature artist from Oxford, UK. He has a unique caricature style like nothing you have ever seen and can be viewed on his blog by clicking on the image above or the link at the bottom of this post. Cook pushes his caricatures to the absolute limit with exaggeration. His "morph" in his words is so extreme in some cases that you would think the subject would be rendered unrecognizable but no matter the amount of almost outrageous exaggeration, he manages to capture the essence of his subjects. A truly unique style of art is hard to come by but this artist's work is like none other. His work will amaze and inspire you.

I would like to tell you more about this brilliant artist but he's a modest man and it's impossible to find a bio on him. I can however offer you an awesome interview with Russ Cook by VectorTutsPlus.com. You can also find links on his blog to more of his portfolio sites. Below you will find a very few of Cook's works which will give you a taste of his incredible talent, but you will definitely want to visit his blog to get a better look at this diverse collection of works.
I hope you enjoyed this inspiring sampling of the art of Russ Cook. Please take a moment and visit his blog at the link below.













 Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day and be inspired!