May 08, 2011

El caballero con el pulgar en el culo ~ El Greco


Tonight I'm posting the completed manipulation of Bill Murray in a painting by El Greco. The original painting is called "El caballero con la mano en el pecho" which in English means "The Knight with His Hand on His Breast". I changed the name just a bit to "El caballero con el pulgar en el culo" which means "The Knight with His Thumb in His Butt". I'm sure those Spanish speaking readers already got the punch line. If you're a Bill Murray fan as I am and you remember the late 70s and 80s, you'll understand the Brooch on his chest. For those of you who don't, the brooch pays tribute to SNL Star Gilda Radner or as seen as her alter ego, Rosana Rosanadana. Hope the spelling is correct. I'm sure that's clear as mud for those of you who don't remember her. Anyhow back to the manipulation. If you view it in full size you will see the texture work I'm kind of experimenting with. I'm trying to produce convincing paint crackles, scuffs and scratches. I'm not there yet but I'm getting closer. Source painting below:

El caballero con la mano en el pecho by El Greco




I hope you enjoyed. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!